Henkel reports strong start to fiscal 2021
- Group sales show significant organic growth of +7.7 percent to around 5 billion euros, nominal growth of +0.8 percent adversely affected by currency headwinds
- All business units report organic sales growth:
- Adhesive Technologies with double-digit organic sales growth of +13.0 percent, nominal +6.7 percent
- Beauty Care reports good organic sales growth of +2.3 percent, nominal -1.1 percent
- Laundry & Home Care records very strong organic sales growth of +4.1 percent, nominal -5.6 percent
- Emerging markets with double-digit organic sales growth of +18.5 percent, mature markets grow +0.5 percent
- Henkel raises guidance for fiscal 2021:
- Organic sales growth: +4.0 to +6.0 percent
- EBIT margin*: 14.0 to 15.0 percent
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)*: Increase in the high single-digit to mid-teens percentage range at constant exchange rates
Wolfgang König to succeed Jens-Martin Schwärzler as Executive Vice President Beauty Care
Wolfgang König (48), currently Category President Kellogg North America, will join the Henkel Management Board as Executive Vice President for the Beauty Care business effective June 1, 2021. He succeeds Jens-Martin Schwärzler (57) who will not be available for another term. He has been with Henkel for more than 28 years and has led Henkel Beauty Care since 2017.
Henkel expects strong start into fiscal 2021
Despite the continued challenging economic environment as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, Henkel expects a very strong organic sales growth in the first quarter of 2021. According to preliminary figures, Henkel expects for the first quarter organic sales growth (excluding the impact of currency effects and acquisitions/divestments) of around 7 percent, significantly above current market expectations of around 3.5 percent.