United States, Irvine, CA, United States, Madison Heights, MI, United States, Bridgewater, NJ, Adhesive Technologies
Product Development Scientist – PRISM Rotational Program
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Prism Rotational Program is Henkel's 12-month rotational program designed to attract, develop, and retain high-potential, diverse talent for the Adhesives business in the United States. During this exciting one-year program, you will be exposed to many different aspects of the Adhesives business through rotations, trainings, and networking events. You will receive high level of visibility and guidance from a mentor, subject matter experts and senior leaders throughout the program. During the PRISM program, you will be based at one of two Henkel locations (Irvine, CA; Madison Heights, MI).
- At the end of your 12-month program, you will receive extensive support in finding your next exciting role at Henkel, where the knowledge and expertise learned through the program will propel your career forward.
- You will work in adhesive bonding and/or surface science to meet the needs of both internal and external customers through lab-based development projects and activities.
- You will spend approximately 6 months in each rotation where you will develop a deep understanding of multiple adhesive chemistries, applications, and markets specific to your business unit as well as an overall knowledge of our product portfolios.
- In each rotation, you will not only develop and formulate adhesives for specific applications, but you will have the opportunity to learn about your own skills and to grow personally through the wide range of courses made available to each associate.
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Material Science, or Engineering is required.
- Demonstrated academic achievement (3.0 or above is preferred).
- Evidence of scientific productivity through high impact peer review publications
- Knowledge of structure-property relationship of materials and analytical and materials characterization techniques (DMA, TMA, DSC, TGA, SEM, HPLC, GC-MS, FTIR, ICP-MS, GPC, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership ability and collaboration within teams in a dynamic and culturally-diverse workplace (previous internship/co-op experience is preferred).
- Available for full-time employment in July 2024.
*Please Indicate your preferred PRISM program site locations(s) from the list below when prompted on your application. If you do not have a preference, please type "no preference" when prompted on your applications.
(Site Locations: Irvine, CA; Madison Heights, MI)
The salary for this role is $88,000 - $92,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular