At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Provide general supervision and lab leadership for daily product testing of materials to determine their conformance to established requirements and ensure conformity to ISO and IATF standards as it pertains to the lab function.
- Performs work flow analysis and recommends improvements.
- Frequently provides associated reports and metrics to management.
- The incumbent must be a self-motivated, proven problem solver that can lead and work readily with multi-disciplinary teams to complete projects related to the achievement of established quality improvement objectives.
- Manage the productivity of Lab Technicians performing quality control testing on incoming raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods according to inspection plan and specifications
- Identify, lead, and facilitate projects aimed at improving productivity and reduce total supply chain costs. (Example: assess test workload, labor requirements, identify areas of waste, implement efforts to eliminate waste, train lab personnel to improve performance, SAP, document control, records, and retains)
- Management of personnel to include scheduled work hours, timecards, disciplinary needs, vacation or other time off, and training across all shifts.
- Manage test equipment: calibrations, verifications, PMs, and repair of test equipment as needed in-house or using service vendors.
- Communication of coordinated activities with other functions to provide feedback on schedule impact, status of samples, arrange for high priority items, and any other activities where lab is coordinated with other functions.
- Maintain clean and organized working environment including lab benches, retain samples, ovens, benches, lab supplies, equipment, and fume hoods.
- Participate in 5S program, basic problem solving (PDCA)
- Ensure compliance with all Safety, Health, and Environmental rules, procedures and regulations as it pertains to lab function.
- Identify and report all non-conforming materials (NCMR); coordinate the release of materials.
- Support for complaint investigations, continuous improvement activities, and non-standard testing protocols.
- Maintain required records and retain samples; ensure disposition of old retain samples, ensuring proper disposal of waste streams from the lab.
- Complete and maintain the required quality records and/or documents as directed by the department standard operating procedures.