At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
Job Summary: A Professional Engineering and Technical Sales & Service position (Senior Position). Responsible for providing technical service and sales support to the automotive OEM, Metals, and Automotive Component Suppliers (Tier 1) in support of current business while development additional business opportunities with particular focus on ATD 3PM business development (CAD design experience beneficial) where the individual will support the Henkel team by providing design direction, prototype and production validation, engineering, material performance, logistics and quality support. These responsibilities continue from launch of the program through the end of production.
- Represent Henkel with assigned customers, supporting customer relationship and understanding expectations to drive new business opportunities.
- Develop sales cycle support for current Customer base and identify additional Business opportunities within the Automotive, Automotive Component Suppliers & Metal & Coil Business (Gauteng).
- Travel to Customers, Tollers and Henkel facilities to support Specific Projects and Events as required.
- Work closely with Internal and External KAM, Manufacturing, Design, and Sales teams in developing and implementing New Opportunities (CRM TOOL = ACE).
- Establish a Footprint for the development of Henkel’s ATD portfolio and driving Localization of the Manufacturing of Acoustic & Structural parts with chosen 3PM manufacturer.
- Develop Sales Opportunities on Current Platforms & Existing Product Technologies across all 3 Business Units (AAO/AAM/AAC).
- Responsible for Product Project Planning & Launch through to Customer Sign Off.
Launch & Post-Launch support by providing In-Plant Customer Support
Regular Service visits detailing full understanding of Project Management.
Assistance with Existing Programs and Development of New Opportunities.
Problem Solving and RCA capabilities.
Liaising with Customers Services on Supply Chain Issues, Ordering cycle and Delivery Confirmation.
Managing Pricing and ensuring profitability of the business is aligned with Local & Regional Targets.
Handling Customer Complaints and managing this through Internal Processes through to conclusion.
Assistance to Finance team on Accounts Receivables to facilitate timeous payments.
- Drive Cost Reduction and Continuous Improvement by Proactively Leading and Developing Cost Reduction efforts at existing and future business with focus both internally and at the customer (Customer Teams including Engineering Cost Reduction, Plant, and Purchasing teams)
- Continuously Review and Improve Part/Product Quality at the (Customer) and Production (Henkel and Customer) by addressing potential product quality issues and incorporate lessons learned into APQP Advance Product Quality Planning) on future programs and supporting DFMEA (Design Failure Mode & Effect Analysis) as comprehensive Project Management.
- Working knowledge of Customer and Internal Production and Prototype release Procedures and Policies.
- Participate in regular meetings with Management to review Open Issues, Strategy, and New Opportunities
- Ability to work with Customer Engineering (CAD) to acquire math data and/or vehicle sections. Clearly communicate Part requirements and Design parameters.
- Train Field Technical Customer Service & Field Sales on A&S product and application portfolio.
- Work closely with Henkel Program Manager, DRE, Manufacturing Readiness Manager, KAM and external OEM and Tier customers
- Other duties as may be assigned. - Launch Engineer Flex: next to above, provide adhoc support for customer focused teams where needed to problem solve & contribute or lead continuous improvement initiatives for the Launch Engineer Function.